WAVES interdisciplinary research objectives include (but are not limited to) the development of innovative techniques to localize precisely, image and monitor scattering objects (this goal is reflected e.g. in the research topics of early-stage researcher: ESR1.1, ESR1.2, ESR1.3); to exploit the properties of timereversed acoustics (ESR2.1, ESR2.2, ESR2.a); to localize sources and image 3-D environments with a limited number of sensors, exploiting “full-waveform” information (ESR1.a, ESR3.1).
One of the objectives of WAVES is to encourage interaction between these two approaches, and WAVES ESRs that mainly participate in one of these two WPs are expected to closely interact with colleagues from the other.
A dedicated work package (WP3) guarantees an efficient pipeline from theory-and-ideas through laboratories to real-world-applications.
- Coordinated by Université Pierre et Marie Curie
- 15 participating partners
- 6 European countries and the USA
- 15 trained fellows
- Project budget: 3 227 952.96€
- Project duration: 4 years
- WAVES is a European project funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Slodowska-Curie grant agreement n° 641943.